North American Crude-by-Rail - NACR
CPE Credits Awarded: 2
Categories: Oil Industry, Online Training
North American Crude-by-Rail is an online training course that will explore the growing use of crude-by-rail, its advantages and possible drawbacks. Thought to be too expensive and a cumbersome way to move crude oil in North America as recently as 2010, the use of Crude-by-Rail transport has surged in recent years. Its use has provided a means for North American (US and Canada) crude oil production without access to pipeline networks to flow to distant markets and has enabled refiners to exploit a lower cost and alternative source of supply.
There are no pre-requisites for this course and no advance preparation is required.
2 self-study CPE credits awarded for this course
Course Cost:$ 210.00 (USD)
You will learn to:
- Point out why rail has become such a vital mode of transportation for bringing crude oil to regional and nationwide refineries
- Identify the locations and key features required for successful terminal development and operation
- Recognize which North American markets are receiving crude-by-rail shipments and how much oil is being transported
- Identify the costs encountered supplying diverse markets with crude-by-rail
- Identify how crude-by-rail has affected the development of competing modes of oil transportation, such as pipeline development
- Recognize how recent crude-by-rail accidents are affecting railroad operations
Practice exercises and self-assessment quizzes are included to help reinforce key topics introduced throughout the course.
A comprehensive final test will be given at the end of the course.
Bulk Purchase / Corporate Discount Form