Introduction to the Land and Water Renewables Industry - LWR
CPE Credits Awarded: 2
Categories: Other Energy Resources, Online Training
Introduction to the Land and Water Renewables Industry is an online training course that will review an industry that has existed for millennia but re-emerged to importance only in the past 30 years with a spurt over the last decade. This course covers the three main groups of land and water renewables (geothermal, ‘ocean energy’ and hydro): what they are, how they are produced, who produces them, their profitability and incentives, and their environmental impacts. It is a useful overview not just for people who work in renewables, but for people working in fuels and energy in general.
There are no pre-requisites for this course and no advance preparation is required.
2 self-study CPE credits awarded for this course
Course Cost:$ 210.00 (USD)
You will learn to:
- Recognize what the main land and water renewable energies are
- Distinguish between the main technologies for their production, and their commercial status
- Point out who the industry players are
- Recognize the economics and subsidies
- Identify some of the environmental concerns and how they are measured
- Recognize some of the relevant issues and principles of environmental impact assessment, with respect to this industry
Practice exercises and self-assessment quizzes are included to help reinforce key topics introduced throughout the course.
A comprehensive final test will be given at the end of the course.
Bulk Purchase / Corporate Discount Form