Overview of the Oil Value Chain - OVC
CPE Credits Awarded: 2
Categories: Oil Industry, Online Training, Oil Supply and Trading
DescriptionOverview of the Oil Value Chain is an online training course that takes a look at the upstream, midstream and downstream sectors of the oil industry. You will learn about basics of the resources yielding oil, how it is transported and stored, and what the end-products are. You will learn how value is created from the transportation and storage of oil, and what markets it is traded in. The end-products will be outlined, together with their refinery processes, the economics of refining and how these end-products are traded.
There are no pre-requisites for this course and there is no advanced preparation required.
2 self-study CPE credits awarded for this course
Course Cost:$ 210.00 (USD)
You will learn to:
- Recognize the main value creation steps in the oil industry and its trends
- Recognize the characteristics and qualities of oil, together with the different resources yielding oil
- Identify the various value creation steps to create proved reserves
- Point out how transport and storage create value
- Distinguish between the different oil trading markets and the instruments used
- Identify the different refining processes used to produce the different products
- Point out the different end-products produced from crude oil and the different markets in which they are traded
Practice exercises and self-assessment quizzes are included to help reinforce key topics introduced throughout the course.
A comprehensive final test will be given at the end of the course.
Bulk Purchase / Corporate Discount Form