Downstream Oil Products Marketing - DSP
CPE Credits Awarded:
Categories: Oil Industry
This five-day course provides an overview of downstream oil products marketing. There is a strong emphasis on understanding the demand side of the market and the use of marketing principles to understand customer expectations and the potential for profitable business from a wide range of refined oil products (transportation fuels, commercial fuels, lubricants and bitumen). The course covers the principal end-user markets for these products, both to business customers (B2B) and to end consumers (B2C).
By means of a range of presentations, exercises, case studies and discussions, delegates will consider practical issues and will investigate ways to add value to the realities of efficient product supply to their customers through the use of a marketing approach.
What you will learn
- How the overall market for oil products is structured and how it links to the rest of the oil industry
- The major product types, their characteristics and applications
- The major customer segments, their needs and expectations
- The fundamental economic drivers of downstream oil products markets
- How to analyse a market and evaluate the impact of trends on its future development
- The importance of customer segmentation and structuring offers accordingly
- How to develop a marketing strategy and marketing plan for your business and create a strategic, competitive advantage
- Opportunities, strategies and tactics to add value through marketing
- The role and value of branding
- The role and value of innovation
- How to assess marketing performance
Do you have a question or enquiry regarding this course?
Please contact your local sales team:
Delegates encouraged to attend include: experienced oil industry managers who are new to the downstream, recently appointed managers who intend to pursue a career in oil products marketing and new entrants to the business. This course is ideal for use as part of an induction programme or for bringing managers who are transferring disciplines up to speed with the whole area of oil products marketing. The course will provide a foundation for new managers who subsequently specialise in a particular segment of the industry - such as retail or commercial fuels marketing.
It will also be very relevant to existing marketing, planning, finance, commercial development and technical staff in the downstream sector of oil companies who wish to expand their knowledge across product or market boundaries.
This course is not aimed at existing experts in oil products marketing
Fundamentals of oil products markets
- Market structure - from suppliers to end users
- Market dynamics - technology and other trends, regulations and other influences
- Customers and distribution channel
- Competitive environment
- Economic drivers
Product range covered:
- Kerosine and Jet fuel
- Distillate heating oil
- Heavy fuel oil
Customers and end users
- B2C and B2B customers
- Domestic fuel customers
- Industrial / commercial fuel customers
- Distributors and resellers
- Multinational key accounts
Adding value through marketing
- Role of marketing in the organisation
- Marketing strategy and planning
- Customer and end user segmentation
- Product and service differentiation
- Marketing levers
- Product and service development and innovation
- Marketing resources, investment and evaluating performance
Mr Richard Prince
If you have attended a past course please provide us with some feedback.