Introduction to Oil Shipping - IOS
CPE Credits Awarded: 2
Categories: Oil Industry, Online Training, Oil Supply and Trading
Introduction to Oil Shipping is an online training course that provides an overview of the oil tanker market. You’ll learn about different types of tankers and the terminology used to describe a ship. We’ll cover the process of chartering a vessel, the different terms used in charter contracts and how freight rates are calculated. Finally we’ll review the impact of environmental and safety regulations on shipping.
There are no pre-requisites for this course and no advance preparation is required.
2 self-study CPE credits awarded for this course
Course Cost:$ 210.00 (USD)
You will learn to:
- Point out the different terms used to describe a ship
- Distinguish how freight costs are calculated and published
- Identify the different types of shipping charter contracts and terms
- Recognize the process of chartering a vessel
- Identify the key shipping documents generated during a voyage
- Identify the main maritime regulations covering oil tankers
Practice exercises and self-assessment quizzes are included to help reinforce key topics introduced throughout the course.
A comprehensive final test will be given at the end of the course.
Bulk Purchase / Corporate Discount Form