LNG at the Crossroads - LNGC
CPE Credits Awarded:
Categories: The Natural Gas Industry , Online Training, LNG
LNG at the Crossroads is an online training course that provides an insight into how the LNG business has developed and the impact of the large number of new projects coming on stream as a result of the shale gas developments in the US. The abundance of projects currently under construction has made it difficult to develop new projects. The LNG business is expected to become a buyer’s market during the next two years with greater liquidity and increasing opportunities for short-term trading. The impact of these changes will be covered.
New markets are emerging for LNG, particularly in the vehicle market and marine bunkers. The issues involved in developing these markets will be covered. The traditional business model for LNG development has been based on integrated Joint Ventures selling to single buyers. This is changing with investors selling their equity share into market and tolling arrangements for US exports.
LNG pricing has been traditionally based on oil price linkage in long term contracts. The emergence of trading hubs based on published price indicators has enabled more flexibility for cargo diversions to take advantage of regional arbitrage opportunities.
Going forward, the key issue is whether there will be a return to the traditional long term Supply/ Purchase Agreements (SPAs) as a basis for future investment once the current supply surplus has been absorbed, or whether project developers will be prepared to move forward with short term trades in a more liquid market.
No CPE credits awarded for this course
Course Cost:USD 74.99
You will learn to:
- Identify the factors affecting future developments in the LNG business
- Recognise the challenges to developing new LNG projects and the impact on future LNG supply
- Appreciate the significance of US LNG exports in the global LNG market
- Understand the alternative business models and their impact on risk and reward and the emergence of portfolio trading
- Recognise how increased liquidity in the LNG market increases opportunities for short term trading
- Point out the new market opportunities such as marine bunkers and vehicle fuel
- Understand the different LNG principles and how these affect LNG trading patterns
Bulk Purchase / Corporate Discount Form