The Tanker Market – Managing the Downturn, Anticipating the Upturn - TDS
CPE Credits Awarded:
Categories: Oil Industry, Shipping and Bunkering
It would be all too easy to write off the current downturn in the tanker or shipping markets as a repeat of past cycles in the sector. However, just as the sleek machines of Olympic Velodromes bear little resemblance to the gearless boneshakers of the past, today’s markets comprise different components as well. Experience is therefore key, combined with modern, practical approaches to achieve commercial, financial and operational solutions.
This one day seminar brings together a range of expert speakers from the worlds of finance, maritime law, ship management and commercial to examine contracts, cost management, loan availability, commercial organisation and project work outs. It is designed to ensure maximum interaction between presenters and delegates with both break out panel discussions and dialogue during individual sessions
Do you have a question or enquiry regarding this course?
Please contact your local sales team:
Anyone from the world of tanker, gas and chemicals shipping could be interested in this course. In particular, lenders, ship owners from financial, operational and commercial backgrounds, maritime lawyers and ship managers.
Developments in the energy chain and downstream
- Gas, tankers and chemicals markets
- What's different this time round
- Planning in Uncertain Markets
- Sources of Finance, Equity Funds, Who is Still Lending Renegotiating Contracts and Contract Cancellation
- Possible - but at what cost?
- Shipyard Flexibility
- Panel Discussion
- A Practical Solution for both Parties?
- What is Achievable
- Commercial Re-Organisation: Pooling
- The importance of philosophy, matching contract terms
- Revenue distribution
- Maintaining standards
- Minimising Costs
- The Lay-Up Option
- Project Work Outs and Trading in the 'After Life'
- Client Relationships
- Corporate Structures
- Organising Finance and Project Management
- Panel Discussion
Mr Charles Lawrie
If you have attended a past course please provide us with some feedback.