Chemistry in the Petroleum Refinery - CR
CPE Credits Awarded: 2
Categories: Oil Industry, Online Training
Chemistry in the Petroleum Refinery is an online training course that will discuss the foundation on which the petroleum industry is built – chemistry. In this intermediate-level course, you will learn how hydrocarbons found in crude oil are transformed into a range of marketable petroleum products. Learn about the chemistry associated with the major operating units – hydrocracker, fluid catalytic cracking unit, coker, alkylation unit, catalytic reformer, isomerization unit and hydrotreater.
Delegates taking this course should already have successfully completed Petroleum Refining Made Easy or have equivalent knowledge.
2 self-study CPE credits awarded for this course
Course Cost:$ 210.00 (USD)
You will learn to:
- Identify the main categories of hydrocarbons and their characteristics
- Recognize how high-value products are produced in a refinery
- Point out the distillation process and its resulting products
- Recognize light ends, where they come from and how they are used to make finished petroleum products
- Identify what octane is and how octane levels in motor gasoline are raised
- Recognize why cracking is such an important refinery process
- Identify the impurities that might be found in crude oil and how they can be handled
Practice exercises and self-assessment quizzes are included to help reinforce key topics introduced throughout the course.
A comprehensive final test will be given at the end of the course.
Bulk Purchase / Corporate Discount Form