Comprehending the Coal Industry - CCI
CPE Credits Awarded: 2
Categories: Other Energy Resources, Online Training
Comprehending the Coal Industry is an online training course that will discuss coal, the world’s primary energy source for electric power generation and steel production. Coal is the second most used energy source in the world after oil, and has many important industrial and manufacturing applications. Comprehending the Coal Industry will take you from the mineshaft to delivery to end use, giving you an overview of the modern coal industry. You'll learn about formation and mining, ranks and quality factors, technologies that utilize coal, transportation to markets and environmental issues.
There are no pre-requisites for this course and no advance preparation is required.
2 self-study CPE credits awarded for this course
You will learn to:
- Identify how coal was formed millions of years ago and where it is found globally
- Identify the parameters used to classify coal and the methods used to mine coal
- Recognize how coal is prepared for end use and moved to markets by different transportation modes
- Identify the technologies that use coal as an energy source, the byproducts produced from its use and how environmental issues are mitigated
- Identify global coal markets and how coal is traded
Practice exercises and self-assessment quizzes are included to help reinforce key topics introduced throughout the course.
A comprehensive final test will be given at the end of the course.
Bulk Purchase / Corporate Discount Form