Introduction to Derivative Markets and Trading - IDMT
CPE Credits Awarded: 2
Introduction to Derivative Markets and Trading is an online training course that provides an introduction to the types of participants and instruments involved in the paper trading of commodities worldwide. Companies, who look to hedge risks inherent to their business, turn to derivatives to manage their exposure whilst others, to speculate in the markets. Various instruments including futures, options, forwards, swaps and OTC options will be compared and contrasted. This course is ideal for anyone who supports front office trading activities or requires a general understanding of such transactions.
There are no pre-requisites for this course, and no prior knowledge of the subject matter or advance preparation is required.
2 self-study CPE credits awarded for this course
$ 210.00 (USD)
You will learn to:
- Point out what market activities lead to which types of price exposure
- Identify the different types of market participants and how each operates within the markets
- Distinguish between the five major derivatives instruments used in the markets
- Recognize the concept of leverage and why it leads to a greater need for trading controls
- Distinguish between the credit characteristics of the different derivative instruments
Practice exercises and self-assessment quizzes are included to help reinforce key topics introduced throughout the course.
A comprehensive final test will be given at the end of the course.
Bulk Purchase / Corporate Discount Form